Monday 10 November 2008

A Love Story...

I think the seeds of this unconditional love were sown in my school days. It is very true that the school days are the formative years of your life( but i never heeded that advise then..as usual).


I think it was not actually love at first sight, as it usually happens. It was a casual fling but seems to have grown stronger over the years.

I belong to a tribe who have been brought up in a south indian family, where the emphasis has always been on studies. Also the fact that nobody in my family had ever been involved in any love affairs- of- my-kind did not help my cause. So for a considerable period of time, almost 8 years, i kept the affair very secret.(To be honest, i myself was not aware of the love till much later someone else made me realize that)

My non-exposure to personalities indulging in these affairs also did not help my cause.


In 2001, i moved to Mumbai, made lots of friends, among them was a girl, M, who re-kindled my love. From then, and more so after i started earning, we started spending more time together. As i had found a long-lost-love, i was like infatuated, much to the amusement of my friends(boys) who did not understand. I lived days and nights like a possessed soul. Holidays were spent together, only getting irritated by the constant disturbances on the door or friends calling me for a game of cricket.

The emotions can not be expressed in words, it can only be felt( i am too lazy to think about adjectives to describe them). I realised that this love is for keeps when i started going to bed with them...oops her....oops it. I was hooked on to books for ever.

I want to thank:

  • Shantha Madam (English Teacher in my 5th, 6th & 7th)

  • Meenu Madam(English Teacher in my 8th)

  • Pushpa Madam(English Teacher till 12th Std)

  • M(Friend in Mumbai)

  • Crosswords & All those second-hand book vendors

  • Last but not the least, My Dad, who encouraged me to read....

My First Story Book(not in the school curriculum): Chacha Chaudhary / Tinkle


My Last Read Book: Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie


4 comments:

Dhanya said...

That was a good climax :)
You seems to be a novice in the blogging world.. Keep writing :)

Sandhu said...

Dhanya: I sincerely thank you for reading the blog and for the kind encouragement.

mathew said...

nice one...i think everyone of us started with tinkle and chacha chowdhary...wonder what kids do read now..

Sandhu said...

Mathew: A sincere thank you from a new blogger. Your comments are my encouragement and i need them in tons...Now children don't get time to read. Most of their spare time (if they are not in school/tuitions)is spent watching TV, playing games on computer, renting DVDs. I have lot more to say...in a new blog..what an idea sirjee??